Thursday, February 14, 2013


June 14-15, 2007 Thursday/Friday
Today was long. We boarded our plane in Orlando at 8:30am and started our journey. Aysia has been such a trooper. She enjoyed flying and looking out the window (which she had to share with daddy). We got into Chicago and found our next gate so Aysia and I waited at the gate while Chris went to get us lunch from Mc Donalds (not our favorite place but you take what you can get). We were blessed with being upgraded in our seating to premium economy which gives you 5 extra inches of leg room and trust me you appreciate it if you ever fly economy for 12 to 14 hours. Aysia wanted the window seat so she could see out during take off but fell asleep before the plane every backed away from the gate. She didn’t like waking up 1.5 hours later but got happy pretty quick when they served mashed potatoes for lunch. I was so glad to see those mashed potatoes. God can provide even tiny blessings for the tiniest of His children. (For those of you who don’t know mashed potatoes is probably Aysia’s favorite food.) The flight to Hong Kong was 14 hours and 33 minutes. Very long and the first 3 hours were hot. I got a short 1 hour nap to be awakened to cold apple juice running down my pants leg into my shoe. Aysia was dreaming and kicked it off the tray onto me. I did squeal but I didn’t see anyone turn to stare so maybe I wasn’t too loud. Aysia ended up getting about 4 to 5 hours of sleep before I woke her because I want her to sleep tonight. We landed in Hong Kong and took a metro type train to Kowloon Station and caught the free shuttle bus to the hotel. The bus ride does let you know you are in China. I told Aysia to hold on tight because they drive faster and crazier than mommy. We made it to the hotel and checked in. We bought our train tickets to Guangzhou for tomorrow. So we should be in Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon about 3pm. The train ride is about 2 hours and I’ll tell you about it tomorrow night. Our first real accident happened. Aysia was walking (not hopping or running) into the tile bathroom that has an unlevel floor and caused her to trip and hit her mouth on the toilet. Scared me to death. Blood everywhere but we have all our teeth and a very swollen bottom lip. We have put some ice on it and she has fallen asleep but has been sucking on her blanket. Please pray it heals fast and we don’t have any problems with it. Oh, she also had a nosebleed on the plane so if anyone is traveling soon with a child prone to nose bleeds take precautions. Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and we look forward to getting Ian on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment